http://www.facebook.com/mysecretcosmetics

new skin care routine!

No comments
Hi everyone!! Haven't been blogging since I got pregnant.. My apologies!
Anyway, baby is almost 2 months old. Time really flies..

I was using organic skin care when I was pregnant, Kora Organics and Michael Todd True Organics, 100% Pure were my choices. They all felt really great on my skin so I brought my daily skincare routine products to the hospital with me. Since I had an emergency c-section, I wasn't able to shower for 3 days... I couldn't stand it so I asked my doctor if I could shower and she said it was okay after she changed the bandage. But anyway, that's not the main point. The point is.. when I reused my skin care after my surgery, the product just didn't work on my skin anymore. My face felt really dry and patchy. The cleanser made my face really dry. Since my face was already dry, the toner made it worse. The moisturizer wasn't working. I had 2 dry patches/allergy spot on the both side of my cheeks when I got home...


So I started to search online for a new skin care brand, and that's when I found Tatcha. 
Founder, Victoria Tsai, "created the line after suffering from acute dermatitis and developing a keen awareness about the importance of ingredients used on the skin." 
All their products are free from parabens, synthetic fragrances, mineral oil, sulfate detergents, phtlanlates, urea,  DEA or TEA. All their products are made in Japan.

I got their normal/sensitive skin discovery kit (in full size) It includes a cleansing oil to remove makeup, cleanser, brightening serum and a moisturizer, eye cream and also their hydrating serum. When I first used it, my face felt so SMOOTH! It was incredible! My allergy spot was GONE the next day. I was super happy I found this brand. 

So, the package came in with their company sticker on each side. When I opened the box, the inside of the box is also their company color, purple. It has a postcard saying my name with a message inside. The box is really nice. Tatcha even got their mailing box customized to make the customer feel warm. I like that.. :P




Here's what the product looks like.. (sorry, I took this picture in the toilet and the lighting isn't that great) Left: Hydrating serum, cleasner, moisturizer, eye cream & brightening serum


Okay, so let's start with the cleanser. It is a exfoliating rice enzyme powder. I got the sensitive one so the powder is pink. It turns bubbly when it touches water. It's a 2 in 1 cleanser that cleanses your face and tone it at the same time.  After washing the powder off, your face feels great. It's not dry nor it's greasy. It feels just right. 


Then, you put serum afterwards. Like I said before, I got the usual brightening serum and their hydrating serum. I ususally use the brightening serum in the morning and the hydrating one at night. The brightening serum is not as thick as the hydrating serum. It comes out in a milky white color liquid. It spreads easily on the face and leaving the face more radiant and ready for moisturizer. Sometimes, I only put the serum and it was already enough for my face. 


 The hydrating serum has blend of Okinawa red algae and hyaluronic acid. It also has small particles of gold in the serum. I don't know if you can see it from the picture though. It's so fine that you have to look really closely. It is also easy to blend but at the end it does feel a little sticky. However, it feels smooth after it absorbs into your skin.


The eye cream is to decrease fine lines, wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness of your eyes. The texture is not too thick nor it's really liquidy. I don't usually use eye cream but this eye cream just works on my skin. Even though, I haven't seen much change on my eye but it definitely helps with my makeup afterwards. The concealer does stay put under my eye and without showing much lines. That's already a plus for me.


 The silk cream is one of their best sellers. In the picture, it might look very thick and heavy but it's actually a gel-like cream which absorb quickly and spread very easily. It does not leave the face feeling greasy at all. I love this cream because I hate moisturizers that are oily. My face couldn't take any oily moisturizers. So this cream works wonder for my skin! 


So overall, Tatcha products are great! I also got their lip balm, body butter (I used it up in 2 weeks!) and their recovery cream for enzyma. Winter is coming and I know my face will react to the weather. I got it just in case it happens. Though, I had a little allergy a week ago and I used the cream. It's a blue cream. When I put it on, the blue stays on your face but it will not stain your face. Once you wash your face, the cream will be gone. Same goes to your pillow. I got the cream on my blanket and pillow but it does wash off =) I used the cream 3 days in a row on my enzyma spot and it went away! It doesn't make the spot go away on the first try but it definitely helps calm the itchiness and redness on the first night. 

P.S. I purchased all Tatcha products on my own, with my own money. This blog is not sponsored and is written by myself honestly!

No comments :

Post a Comment