http://www.facebook.com/mysecretcosmetics

Relaunch of Evie Beaute!

1 comment


 Evie Beaute decided to relaunch their products as a celebration of 10 years in the market. From the purple logo and white bottle, Evie has changed to the french rose pink bottle with gold logo. All their products will launch in the market on the 6th of July this year! I'm sure a lot of girls out there will love the new bottles. I am though, not a big fan of pink but I can imagine girls loving the new packagings!

Not knowing much about the background of this brand, I used to think that this is a Hong Kong brand, probably because most of the reviews I saw on the internet were from celebrities.
Fortunately, I was able to meet with the founder, Natalie! She's such a sweet person and I learned a lot about this brand during our discussion.

Evie Beaute is a Canadian brand and the products are made in Australia/ Germany. The concept of this brand is to have a complete, easy skin care regime - the little black dress of luxury skincare. They are free of those yucky harmful chemicals, so they are considered natural products.

The new relaunch products that they gave to Joanne and I are:
1. Perfect 10 Makeup Remover (left products in the pic)
2. All Star Cleansing Velvet ( second to the left)
3. Pure Zen Advanced Therapy (third to left)
4. Aqua Rose Lip Care (first product on the right)
5. Aqua Mandarin Lip Care
6. Lush Touch Hand Silk

I gave the hand silk/ the mandarin lip balm/ pure zen to Joanne to try because she's an expert on hand cream. She cannot live without cream so I gave it to her to try. She can definitely tell which hand cream is good and which is not. She also currently has eczema, so she can defintely tell whether the pure zen therapy can help with her eczema. We split the makeup remover, cleansing velvet in half so we both can try it out.

So, apparently the makeup remover is their best selling product before they were relaunched. Too bad, I didn't get to try the old version so I couldn't really compare. The makeup remover is called the "Perfect 10" because it has 3 anti-oxidant plant oils (jojoba, sweet almond and grape seed) and 7 essential oils (bulgarian roses, organic bulgarian lavender, italian bergamot, geranium, ylang ylang, chamomile, morroccan cederwood). The texture of the remover is not as watery as the shu uemura cleansing oil but it's not as thick as the Tatcha cleansing oil. It's easy to remove makeup, similar to the two brands I mentioned just now. It emulsifies when it contacts with water, which is also the same as the two mentioned brands. My face felt clean and soft after I washed off the remover. My skin does not feel tight, which is a good thing. I already used up my portion of the makeup remover. I don't use any waterproof cosmetics so I couldn't tell you whether this product is good for removing waterproof things but I can tell you that this remover removes all my makeup really well! Let just say I am impressed!

( I had pencil eyeliner, liquid eyeliner, lip stain, mascara and foundation on my hands. The cleanser itself is a little bit runny as you can see from the picture)







The cleansing velvet is basically a facial creme cleanser so it doesn't have foams. This cleanser can act as a makeup remover for light makeup/ cleanser and it can act as a mini facial mask because it contains French rose clay and Kaolin clay so it's like a mini detox mask. Hardly there's cleansers in the market that will add clay as an ingredient! Thumbs up for this. Now I can skip my clay mask step in my detox routine because this cleanser does the work! This can definitely help me because clay mask actually dries my skin and now my skin will feel soft and clean :P



The rose lip care, in my opinion, is one of the best lip balms out in the market. First, it smells really good because it's infused with Rose Otto! I mean who doesn't love the smell of roses? Secondly, it has avocado and jojoba oil and all those goodies within a lip balm! When you first put it on, you can smell the rose right away and it glides on your lips smoothly! It's hydrating and the smell lasts forever! I am now deciding whether the ILIA one is better or this because both of them are really good and I would probably repurchase this item! The price of this lip care is not too expensive. If you compared it to the ILIA lip balm, this is a lot cheaper, so if you guys do not want to get expensive lip balm like ILIA but you do not want to get the drug store products, Evie lip balm is definitely your pick!

1 comment :

  1. Marvellous! Thank you so much for the professional trial and review :)

    ReplyDelete