http://www.facebook.com/mysecretcosmetics

STARSKIN masks

No comments

I have recently found out this brand called STAR SKIN. This is brand focuses on natural ingredient masks from Netherlands. The Bio-Cellulose sheet mask is made with naturally fermented coconut juice. The fibers of the mask will adhere to your face like a second skin and it infuses the ingredients into your skin quickly. The Bio-Cellulose material is air permeable so your face can actually breathe when you have your mask on! Each of the masks have 30mL of serum and it is without paraben, mineral oil, sulfate and alcohol. it is also hypoallergenic so people with sensitive skin can also use this. They have 6 Bio-Cellulose sheet masks, one soft peeling exfoliating puff  and two double layer masks for feet and hands.

They are sold 1 per pack and the price is higher than average I would say. I got mine in asos the other day - 1 eye mask, 1 hydrating facial mask, 1 hand mask and 1 foot mask. 

I tried their hands and feet mask yesterday night after my shower. 
The hand mask has a double layer technology, so it has a sauna effect so the serum can absorb easily. The 30mL serum hand mask has hydrating Shea Butter and a blend of 16 botanical ingredients such as Goji Berry, Olive Oil, Licorice Root, Peony Root and Macadamia Nut to nourish, heal, moisture and brighten your hands.

 The gloves are connected together to prevent messiness when you open the mask. 
 As you can see, there's a layer within the first layer for your hands to slip in. The opening does not have serum so the serum will not drip out after you tape your hands!

During the 20 minutes, I am still able to use my phone and computer, which is very convenient. It doesn't really bother me too much. After the 20 minutes, I took the mask out. The instruction said to massage the serum until it's all absorbed into your skin but I went to wash it off because I feel like the serum is too thick and a little sticky. I don't think I am able to rub all that in. My hand does feel a little brighter and soft. ( I asked my hubby to feel it and he said it's softer than before)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The feet mask has the same concept as the hand mask. It supposes to relieves swelling and cools tired feet. It has Urea and a blend of 19 botanical ingredients such as Peony Root, Rosemary, Acerola Berry, Green Tea, Safflower, Grape to renew, project and rejuvenate your feet. 

 The design is same as the hand mask



I was able to put my feet under blanket and walk on the floor while the mask was on, which is convenient as well! I hate it when I couldn't do much in that 20 minutes. Same as the hand mask, the opening of the mask does not have serum so it would not drip anywhere. After the 20 minutes, I also went to wash off the serum because it's too thick and sticky. My feet felt smoother and not as dry after the mask.


Overall, I think both of the mask are not bad. The sticky issue could possibly be the weather. Since this brand is from Netherlands, the weather over there is much dryer and colder, so a thicker serum is more suitable for them. Here in Macau is the opposite. So I am not going to talk too much on this point! Will I buy it again? Maybe, I don't normally use hand and feet mask so I can't really say. The price though, is a little bit on the high side for one. If you convert it back to MOP, the hand and feet mask is $85. Their sheet mask is around $100!! I mean, there are a lot of different brands of sheet mask out there you can try. If you are on budget, then this mask is not for you. If you want to try this and can afford it, I think you can give it a try!





No comments :

Post a Comment