http://www.facebook.com/mysecretcosmetics

New products in Tokyo/ net-a-porter

No comments




Sorry guys! It's been awhile since I last blogged. I've been away for Easter and then was sick for a few days. I'm still not feeling completely well but I think I can manage a blog. I had sorethroat and then it turned into a cold and lost my voice. The weather in Macau is terrible right now. It's cold today and probably hot like an oven tomorrow. Not kidding! That's how everyone gets sick nowadays. My husband just got better and it's my turn. I can't go near my baby until I got better =(. I don't want to get him sick as well..


Anyway, so I got some organic skin care when I was in Tokyo - F organics and do Organics. Both of them are made in Japan, so I thought it should fit the Asian skin type. I got their starter kit and F organics' face mask. So, I started using F organics first. The starter kit of F organics include a cleansing balm, foaming cleanser, toner and facial moisturizer. The cleansing balm couldn't cleanse my face properly, it leaves a really heavy grease and scent on my face. I couldn't use it the second time. It was quite aweful if you ask me. The foaming cleanser, however, was quite decent. Though I don't like the scent. It smells like lemon, which I am not a big fan of. All their products smell the same - lemon-y. The toner was okay, nothing special.. and the moisturizer was a nightmare to me. I tried it on, my face felt so greasy and oily. The scent was killing me. I had 2 new pimples when I woke up the next day. TERRIBLE! I am glad I only got their starter kit. The mask wasn't good as well. The mask was really thick, there's not much serum in the mask. The mask was really small and it does NOTHING to my face afterwards. It's a NO NO to me. After F organics, I haven't touched the do Organics yet. It's still on my table. My face is in a crazy zone at this moment - pimples are having a party on my chin. So, I don't want to try anything new at this moment. I'll try it when the party's over.


I also got some new stuff in net-a-porter - Malin & Goetz travel set and Philip Kingsley's shampoo and conditioner set.

Photo taken in Malin & Goetz website
Malin & Goetz travel set includes their best selling facial cleasner, moisturizer, body moisturizer, shampoo and conditioner, body wash. They are in 1 oz. I don't remember where I heard about this brand but I googled it and found out they are great for eczema and sensitive skin. So I got their travel kit to give it a try. It turned out pretty amazing! I think I first tried their facial cleanser with my clarisonic and it turned out okay. It doesn't dry out my face. I tried their shampoo and conditioner also during shower. The shampoo is peppermint, so it is quite refreshing. The conditioner has cilatro extract. I was afraid of the smell at first but it turned out alright! It hydrates my hair, leaving it soft and does not tangle. I was impressed. When I tried their facial moisturizer, I was all excited because you know how I don't like any facial moisturizer that's cream base? Boy was I wrong, this moisturizer was cream base but it absorbs into my skin like magic! My face didn't feel any grease! My face felt smooth and hydrated! I am so happy with this moisturizer!!

PHILIP KINGSLEY 
Photo taken in net-a-porter website






PHILIP KINGSLEY 
Photo taken in net-a-porter website
I got these 2 sets from Philip Kingsley. The first set was for itchy scalp. I actually had an itchy scalp after I came back from Japan, so I got it to see if it can actually stop the itch. The first use was actually pretty good. The shampoo doesn't dry out my hair and the conditioner smooths my hair. The scalp toner is used when your hair is half wet/dry. I dropped some on my hair and brushed through it. My scalp wasn't itchy the day after I used the product. So I was super happy! Then after a few days, I used the second set, which is a moisture balance shampoo and conditioner. The product is also great! I am so happy with these shampoos and conditioners! I actually finished all of them up and got myself an actual size the other day! It's that great! I don't think I can stop using these hair products! A girl gotta treat their hair like any other part of their body!




No comments :

Post a Comment